Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Guest Post (by Larry)


Carla and Nicole are vacationing in the US, so I'm taking a stab at the blog this week.

On Sunday, I drove them to the airport where we were met by Nicole's friend (who happens to be a boy...). The rest of the family is very nice and it was thoughtful of them to drive all the way to the airport to send Nicole off and acknowledge her birthday.

With my newfound freedom, I headed toward the best frozen yoghurt on the plant: Igloo Zoo.


Nicole introduced me to this delight (Pomegrante with Chocolate bits on top) and I try to visit every time I'm near Bondi (or south of the Sydney Bridge). Sadly, there was a traffic jam so I aborted the mission and drove home for some Ravioli Bolognese.

It took me about 2 minutes to find the stuffed Wombat Nicole (don't let the redeye flash freak you out). It still sits in its hiding spot out of respect (since it was after all the birthday present I just gave her the day before...)

On Monday, it was off to work. Here is a shot of our work area, featuring the ever-witty Sarah Vaughan.


That night, Michael Kordahi (Developer Evangelist) hosted a poker game. GP and I (the only managers) were the big losers for the night (go figure...).


On Tuesday, we had a bit of EOFY (= end of fiscal year) fun by going out as a team to eat teppanyaki (=hibatchi). It was a great show with eggs & rice flying.

While we were eating, a taxi clipped my car, knocking the side mirror completely off. I was ablet to pull a McGyver that evening and reattached the components no problem.

We had some fun in the office today (Wednesday) when one of the DEs walked away with his machine unlocked. "Someone" went onto his Facebook account and had some fun with him. He hasn't figured out who yet, so I won't be a spoiler :)

After work, I visited my favorite place to eat: Sushi Train. Fast service, fresh wasabi, organic Cola, and taking only the food you want to eat is what makes it terrific.

No comments:

Post a Comment