Friday, December 3, 2010

Delish

Just back from a night out with the girls at the Wooden Tap on Route 4 in Farmington.  (Love the burger bites!)  What a great group of women I am lucky enough to call friends!  From the drive over to the ordering process, we laughed and laughed.  Shared Shaun Cassidy memories and debated the relative merits of Frank and Joe Hardy and Bo and Luke Duke.  Remember the General Lee? Hey Deenie? This group does!

Will Larry call again at 3:33am?  Thought it was my alarm going off until I saw the extraordinarily long phone number in my caller ID window.  Not sure how coherent I was, but it was so good to hear his voice - muffled and distorted though it was.  He's through the ramping up period for both the job and the country, and he's visited just about every major Australian city since arriving: Melbourne; Adelaide; Perth; Canberra; and Brisbane coming up this week.  His favorite so far? Melbourne.

Time to wind down now, settle in for the night in my twin bed across the room from Nicole.  Fabulous weekend plans begin unfolding tomorrow, including yummy Italian food and one of the best movies of all time, The Godfather.

No comments:

Post a Comment