Monday, December 6, 2010

Random Updates

Our New Car - Holden Commodore
First update - Larry is happily driving a shiny blue Australian made car, the Holden Commodore. 

Second update - renting a house can be exhausting!  Apparently, when you live in a house for 13 years, you don't see all the flaws and blemishes of a beloved residence. I thought my microwave worked just fine, thank you very much, but the tenants think the exhaust fan is broken.  Thankfully, we have a property manager who gets to handle items like this one!

Third update - I "joined" an expat social group in Sydney at their online MeetUp site.  Judging from the website, they have a fair number of social events, from 4th of July BBQs, to game night, and SuperBowl parties.  Although I plan to "go native" and immerse myself in Aussie customs and culture, it will probably be very nice to have a slice of American every once in a while.

Fourth update - we have our first guest...well, someone who is already reserving the guest room at 7 Glen Road.  All you who are waffling about whether to visit or not...get out your calendars!

Last update - It looks like I'll be going to Oz with some gainful employment.  More details to follow, but I had a very productive, exciting conversation this morning and things look good!

1 comment: