Saturday, December 4, 2010

This is why there will never be a tv in the bedroom

At my parents' condo, which normally houses 2 adults, there are 4 TVs.  One in the kitchen/living room, one in the finished basement, one in the master bedroom, and one in the guest bedroom.  Since the guest room is, for the next couple of weeks, Nicole's room (and mine), she has unlimited access to TV.  It's now 11:00am on Saturday, and she has emerged solely to eat breakfast and take a shower.  This is why she will never have a TV in her bedroom!

In our home, we had two TVs - one in the family room and one in Larry's "man cave."  This model worked well since we have some different viewing habits.  Nicole and I enjoy our crime shows - Criminal Minds, Bones, The Closer - and Larry enjoys his sci-fi and concert movies.  With two TVs, everyone was happy.  As we contemplate the house in Australia, Larry has said we'll have just one TV.  Hmmmm.  I'm reserving judgment, but I have my doubts. I'm looking forward to absorbing Australian culture through its TV. 

Anyone have some Australian TV shows to recommend?  Do they get American TV?  Or, dare I hope, British programming??!  I love British TV shows!!! 

Only 2 weeks until I start to get answers to my questions.  In the meantime, our next big decision is choosing a broadband, cable, and phone provider.  Stay posted for late-breaking news.

No comments:

Post a Comment